Tuesday 31 January 2012

What I think about McKenna Brooks

-Here is a little collage I made-

{McKenna Brooks,JLY #39,Emily Bennett,Elizabeth Cole,JLY #29,Chrissa Maxwell}
    In 2009 I had no IDEA that American Girl Dolls even EXISTED. So, when super-pretty Chrissa came out I was oblivious of her. When I did find out about american girl dolls Elizabeth was already retired. I do not think that I want a doll with REALLY curly hair -YET- so that also knocks #29 off the list.When it came down to #39 and Emily I liked Emily more. However, then McKenna came out I really loved her for two reasons. First being that I really wanted a doll with caramel hair and blue eyes. Second of all, I LOVE the Chrissa face mold, and then her eyelashes sealed the deal. I have not got her yet since it costs a lot to ship to Canada. But I can tell you what I know...

    McKenna's hair is a GORGEOUS colour. I don't even care that they have used it on many dolls before her-I just LOVE IT! Her eyes look so pretty in pale blue... Her eyelashes... Oh, don't get me started. I LOVE THEM! I don't know if they have had a doll with no bangs not have a part before, but from what I hear, people love the part-less-ness. I think she needed that originality. Although, her skin colour is just a bit too tan in this picture for my liking. I mean, in You Tube videos she looks a bit better, but in most pictures I've seen, she just looks kinda fake.
    So... I think her meet outfit is really cute even though you can't really wear the top with anything else... 
But put together it is AH-DORABLE!   I love the detail on the leggings, and the ribbon on the shoes.
  I like her starter collection, but I don't have the money to buy it. Oh, and the accessories are TOO CUTE!! 
I love how the journal has actual poetry in it.And the detail on the water bottle is fabulous.The practice wardrobe has lots of selection but is QUITE expensive.I mean it comes with over 5 pieces.But 35 dollars! I love the exclusive warm up outfit because it looks like something you can get from lulu-lemon(But is $20) and I looked at the shoes-AH-DORABLE!So yes,incredibly cute yet incredibly expensive.You could almost get another doll($80).
    Her pajamas are REALLY cute.The slippers look sooo soft and I just want to cuddle them.I like how you could use the shirt with a pair of jeans and it would look good.The pattern on the pants is the PERFECT touch to it.I want them in my size.But I wont because they are EXPENSIVE(kind of).Another thing I forgot to add above is the hairstyle cards.They are a great idea especially because little girls won't know what to do with a doll without a part.Kudos to AG for that.
The.Bed.Is.A.MAZING! Ok it was a great idea in the first place but the price.The.Price.That is all I have to say.Except that you can get a similiar one here-http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11968270&foreSeeBrowseSampling=15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true
It looks like dis.
Purdy AWESOME right?
Cooper is Sooo cute.So cute there is a capital S on Sooo.
    I love the details on this.The bar to walk on=wow.The foam block to step up on=awesome.The bar that dolls can actually work with=AMAZING.Someone put WORK into this-in a factory somewhere....
Whatever.And the little emblem on the mat and foam.It matches the Shooting Star Gym Logo thingy-ma-jig. Shooting Star Gym,Inner Star University and your Inner Star.Hmmm. I feel like there is SOME connection.

Alright.Here is her cast and crutches.I love the pink crutches and the detail on the cast but somebody on the internet noticed loft bed and broken leg.I guess AG did not think that through properly.But the Panda and bandages add that American Girl Touch to it and that is what really matters.
P.S.
Love the colour of the crutches!


When I get McKenna I will probably just get her.But I may spend birthday money on a different doll or item.When I get her I will try to do a review.I know this was a long post.But thanks for reading it!
~Abby





No comments:

Post a Comment